If you look at the calendar and it isn’t October, did you really look at the calendar?
Does it matter?
Does anything exist?
What is time anyway?
I have been a cat owner my whole life and I literally never knew that tiger lilies and stargazers were also highly toxic to cats. Even drinking the water from the vase that lilies are in can kill the cat! I brought in a tiger lily from our yard today and just thought to look it up and found out (and of course removed the lily from our house as soon as I saw). How scary!
Other toxic flowers for cats:
- Amaryllis (Amaryllis sp.)
- Autumn Crocus (Colchicum autumnale)
- Azaleas and Rhododendrons (Rhododendron sp.)
- Castor Bean (Ricinus communis)
- Chrysanthemum (Chrysanthemum sp.)
- Cyclamen (Cyclamen sp.)
- English Ivy (Hedera helix)
- Kalanchoe (Kalanchoe sp.)
- Lilies (Lilium sp.)
- Marijuana (Cannabis sativa)
- Oleander (Nerium oleander)
- Peace Lily (Spathiphyllum sp.)
- Pothos (Epipremnum aureum)
- Sago Palm (Cycas revoluta)
- Spanish thyme (Coleus ampoinicus)
- Tulip and Narcissus bulbs (Tulipa and Narcissus sp.)
- Yew (Taxus sp.)
Important info for cat friends!!!
xtoxictears hey! i dunno which of these you can get where you live, but since you’re bringing home a new fuzzy little guy, this is good stuff to know.
also not listed are Poinsettias, which are a popular christmas plant, and it may not kill your cat unless they’re allergic but they will make them sick.
Thanks! I knew about the Lilies but not the others.:3 Although I almost never have plants or flowers in the house so its not too much of a worry.^_^